k. Adjust R244 (fig. 1) for a meter reading of .
Figure 1. GR-1864 megohmmeter - top interior view.
Set function switch to MEASURE.
m. Wait approximately 10 seconds for meter to stabilize. Adjust SET
RANGE controls for indications on TI meter.
n. Set function switch to DISCHARGE.
8. Voltage Accuracy and Stability
a. Performance Check
(1) Connect multimeter to + (positive) and - (negative) UNKNOWN terminals.
(2) Set TEST VOLTAGE switches to 2-0-0V.
(3) Set multiplier switch to 1 M.
(4) Set function switch to MEASURE. If multimeter does not indicate between 196
and 204 V dc, perform b below.
(5) Vary autotransformer output from 105 to 125 and back to 115 V ac while
observing multimeter. If indication does not remain between 196 and 204 V dc, perform b below.
(6) Repeat technique of (2) above for TI switch settings listed in table 3. Multimeter
will indicate within limits specified.