If ambient temperature drifts more than 1 degree Celsius prior
(2) Short INPUT and COMMON terminals.
(3) Position controls as listed in (a) through (c) below:
(a) RANGE switch to 1.
(b) Readout dials to 000000.
(c) NULL switch to .0001.
(4) Adjust electrical ZERO control for a 0 meter indication; then remove short from
INPUT and COMMON terminals.
Set NULL switch to TVM prior to changing input voltage or
changing other TI switch positions.
(5) Position controls as listed in (a) through (c) below:
(a) RANGE switch to 10.
(b) Readout dials to 10.00000.
(c) NULL switch to TVM.
(6) Connect equipment as shown in figure 2 and configure multimeter for most
accurate dc voltage measurements.
(7) Set calibrator for an initial 10 V dc output. Adjust calibrator for a 10.0000000 V
(8) Adjust TI voltage dials for null indication on each successively more sensitive
position of NULL switch until null indication is obtained on the most sensitive position.
The most sensitive positions of NULL switch are .0001, .001,
.01 and .1 for the 0 to 1, 0 to 10, 0 to 100, and 0 to 1000 V
(9) Final TI indication will be between 9.99970 and 10.00030; if not, perform b (l)
and (2) below. If within tolerance, perform b (l) and (2) below, but do not report the
(10) Set calibrator output for a negative output and TI polarity switch to - (negative).
TI indication will remain within ±5 V of indication obtained in (9) above.
(11) Set calibrator to STANDBY.
(12) Set NULL switch to TVM, RANGE switch to 1, and polarity switch to +