(9) Connect function/arbitrary generator output to TI CH 2 INPUT, using cable and
termination (if needed).
(10) Push CH B AC COUPL and CH B + SLOPE pushbuttons in.
(11) Set FUNCTION switch to PERIOD B and N/CLOCK RATE switch as needed.
(12) Set function/arbitrary generator to 1 kHz at amplitude of 100 mV rms.
should display a stable count between 998 sec and 1002 sec.
(13) Set function/arbitrary generator output to minimum and disconnect from TI.
(14) If there was an out of tolerance in any of the previous steps, proceed to
(15) If in tolerance, proceed to paragraph 17.
c. Adjustments. No further adjustments can be made.
Do not perform power supply check and adjustment if all other
parameters are within tolerance.
a. Connect the voltmeter between the +15 V test point R502 (fig. 2) and ground. Adjust
+15 V Adjust R505 for a reading between 14.25 and 15.75 V. Check the +5 V, and -22 V
supplies to be within ±5%.
b. If power supply was adjusted repeat paragraphs 14 and 15.
a. Deenergize and disconnect all equipment.
b. Annotate and affix DA label/form in accordance with TB 750-25.
CALIBRATION PROCESS FOR TEKTRONIX, TYPES DC503A AND DC503AOPT01
18. Preliminary Instructions
a. The instructions outlined in paragraphs 18 and 19 are preparatory to the calibration
process. Personnel should become familiar with the entire section before beginning the
b. Items of equipment used in this procedure are referenced within the text by common
c. Unless otherwise specified, verify the result of each test and, whenever the test
requirement is not met, take corrective action before continuing with the calibration.
Adjustments required to calibrate the TI are included in this procedure. Additional
maintenance information is contained in the manufacturer's manual for this TI.
d. Unless otherwise specified, all controls and control settings refer to the TI.