Adjustments required to calibrate the TI are included in this procedure. Additional
maintenance information is contained in the manufacturer's manual for this TI.
d. When indications specified in paragraphs 8 through 17 are not within tolerance,
perform the power supply check prior to making adjustments. After adjustments are made,
repeat paragraphs 8 through 17. Do not perform power supply check if all other
parameters are within tolerance.
e. Unless otherwise specified, all controls and control settings refer to the TI.
HIGH VOLTAGE is used or exposed during the performance of
DEATH ON CONTACT may result if
personnel fail to observe safety precautions.
OUTPUT(S) to minimum after each step within the
performance check where applicable.
When indications specified in this procedure are not within
tolerance, perform the power supply check prior to making
a. Set POWER switch to OFF (out).
b. Remove protective cover from TI only as necessary to make adjustments. Replace
cover upon completion of adjustments.
c. Connect TI to a 115 V ac source.
d. Position MODULATION GENERATOR controls as listed in (1) through (4) below:
(1) TRIGGER mode switch to CONT and TRIGGER LEVEL control fully ccw.
(2) MODULATION AM FM/SWP & PM () switches to OFF (center position)
and MOD AMPLITUDE variable control fully ccw.
(3) FUNCTION switch to
(4) FREQ/PERIOD MULT (Hz/s) switch to 1K/100K and VARIABLE control fully cw.
e. Position main generator controls as listed in (1) through (5) below:
(1) FREQ MULT (Hz) switch to 100K and VERNIER control fully cw to CAL.
(2) SYMMETRY control to OFF (ccw to detent).
(3) DC OFFSET control to OFF (ccw to detent).
and TRIG START/STOP control to 0q CAL (ccw detent).
(4) FUNCTION switch to
(5) ATTENUATION (dB) switch to 20/ 0 and AMPLITUDE control fully ccw.
f. Set POWER switch to ON and allow at least 30 minutes for TI to reach