(3) Set TI MODULATION GENERATOR FUNCTION switch to positive going
sawtooth then negative going sawtooth. If oscilloscope does not display optimum ramps in
table 10, (same slopes with no double rising on edges) perform b (1) and (2) below:
Optimum ramp indications
(4) Electronically ground Vertical 1 input, select dc coupling and position trace to
center horizontal line using position control.
(5) Select Vertical 1 input and, if negative peak level in table 11 does not coincide
with center horizontal center line MIN indication, perform b (3) below.
(1) Adjust R46 and R30 (fig.1) for optimum ramps.
(2) Repeat a (3) and b (l) above for optimum ramps.
(3) Adjust R81 (fig.1) until the negative peaks coincide with horizontal centerline on
a. Performance Check
(1) Connect TI FUNCTION OUT (50 :) to oscilloscope Vertical 1 input.
(2) Position main generator controls as listed in (a) through (f) below:
(a) FREQ/MULT (Hz) switch to 100K and VERNIER control fully cw to CAL.
(b) SYMMETRY control to OFF (ccw to detent).
(c) DC OFFSET control to OFF (ccw to detent).
(d) FUNCTION switch to SQUARE WAVE and TRIG START/STOP control
to 0 degrees CAL (detent).
(e) ATTENUATION (DB) switch to 20/0 and AMPLITUDE control fully ccw.
(3) Initiate oscilloscope Vertical 1 with 50 : Input and set to measure one duty cycle.
(4) If oscilloscope does not indicate within duty cycle limits in table 12,
perform b (1) below.