HIGH VOLTAGE is used or exposed during the performance of
DEATH ON CONTACT may result if
personnel fail to observe safety precautions.
OUTPUT(S) to minimum after each step within the
performance check where applicable.
a. Connect TI to a 115 V ac source.
When POWER pushbutton is pressed to ON, TI automatically
performs a self-test sequence. Upon successful completion of
self-test, TI will be in normal operating mode.
b. Press POWER pushbutton to ON and allow at least 20 minutes for
If TI CRT displays DIAGNOSTIC, PUSH A/B TRIG TO
EXIT at power on, one of the power-up tests has failed. If the
error message on the bottom line of the display is TEST 04
FAIL XX where XX is 01, 02, 10, or 11, stored calibration data
is in error. If this error message is displayed, then press A/B
TRIG pushbutton to exit diagnostic mode and perform
SECTION IV. If any other error message occurs, the failure is
probably not related to calibration.
In this case, the
instrument should be repaired before attempting calibration.
c. Press corresponding pushbutton for indications as listed in (1) through (13) below:
(1) VERTICAL MODE CH 1 and CH 2 indicators on.
(2) VERTICAL MODE CH 3, and CH 4 indicators off.
(3) VERTICAL MODE ADD and INVERT indicators off.
(4) VERTICAL MODE CHOP/ALT to select ALT.
(5) CH 1 and CH 2 input coupling to select 1 M
(6) TRIGGER MODE to select AUTO LVL.
(7) TRIGGER SOURCE to select VERT, CH 1.
(8) TRIGGER COUPLING to select DC.
(9) TRIGGER SLOPE to select +.
(10) TRACK/INDEP to select INDEP (out).
(11) V to off (cursors off).
(12) 20 MHz BW LIMIT to off.
(13) Xl0 MAG to off.