d. Position controls as listed in (1) through (11) below:
(1) VERTICAL POSITION control to midrange.
(2) CH 1 and CH 2 VOLTS/DIV switches to 100 mV and VAR control cw to detent.
(3) VERTICAL MODE CH 2 pushbutton to off.
(4) A SWP SEC/DIV switch to 1 ms (knobs locked).
(5) SEC/DIV VAR control cw to detent.
(6) Horizontal POSITION control to midrange.
(7) TRIGGER LEVEL control to midrange.
(8) TRIGGER HOLDOFF control fully ccw to MIN.
(9) SCALE ILLUM control fully ccw.
(10) INTENSITY, FOCUS and READOUT INTENSITY controls for suitable viewing.
(11) TRACE SEP control fully cw.
a. Performance Check
(1) Press and hold CH 1 and CH 2 upper input coupling pushbuttons to PUSH
BOTH-BALANCE position for a display indication of DC BALANCE IN PROGRESS
then wait for signal and readout displays to return to normal.
(2) Connect oscilloscope calibrator SOURCE/MEASURE CHAN 1, CHAN 2,
CHAN 3, and CHAN 4 to TI CH 1, CH 2, CH 3 and CH 4.
Press oscilloscope calibrator CHANNEL pushbutton. Next
press blue soft pushbutton located below CHAN 1 on
oscilloscope calibrator when SELECT CHANNEL is displayed.
(3) Press corresponding pushbuttons for indications as listed in (a) through (e) below:
VERTICAL MODE CH 1 to on, and VERTICAL MODE CH 2, CH 3, and CH 4 off.
20 MHz BW LIMIT on.
CH 1 and CH 2 input coupling to 1 M DC.
TRIGGER coupling to DC.
TRIGGER SOURCE to VERT CH 1.
(4) Set CH 1 VOLTS/DIV switch as listed in first row of table 3 and set A SWP
SEC/DIV switch to 1 ms.
(5) Set oscilloscope calibrator VOLTAGE output as listed in first row of table 3 and
(6) Rotate knob located below EDIT FIELD pushbutton on oscilloscope calibrator to
obtain TI display amplitude divisions as listed in first row of table 3. Oscilloscope calibrator
err display will be within limits specified in first row of table 3. If not, perform b below.