a. Press TI POWER pushbutton to OFF and disconnect TI from the 115 V ac source.
Remove protective cover and move cal/no cal jumper (P501) on A5 control board (right side
of TI) to "cal" position.
b. Connect TI to a 115 V ac source and press POWER pushbutton to ON and allow at
least 20 minutes for equipment warm-up.
When POWER pushbutton is pressed to ON, TI automatically
performs a self-test sequence. Upon successful completion of
self-test, TI will be in normal operating mode.
Throughout this procedure, readout and control messages are
displayed along the top and bottom of display (crt).
c. Press corresponding pushbuttons for indications as listed in (1) through (9) below:
(1) VERTICAL MODE CH 1, CH 2, CH 3, and CH 4 on.
(2) CH 1 and CH 2 input coupling to 1 M
(3) VERTICAL MODE ADD, INVERT, and 20 MHz BW LIMIT off.
(4) VERTICAL MODE CHOP/ALT to ALT.
(5) TRIGGER MODE to AUTO LVL and TRIGGER SOURCE to VERT CH 1.
(6) TRIGGER COUPLING to DC and TRIGGER SLOPE to + (plus).
(7) TRACK/INDEP to INDEP (out).
t and V to off (no cursors on display).
(9) CH 3 and CH 4 VOLTS/DIV for .1 V.
d. Position controls as listed in (1) through (8) below:
(1) VERTICAL POSITION controls to midrange.
(2) Horizontal POSITION control to midrange.
(3) TRIGGER LEVEL control to midrange.
(4) TRIGGER HOLDOFF control fully cw to B ENDS A detent.
(5) SCALE ILLUM control fully ccw.
(6) CH 1 and CH 2 VOLTS/DIV switches to 100 mV and VAR control fully cw to detent.
(7) A SWP SEC/DIV switch to 100 s (knobs locked) and VAR control cw to detent.
(8) INTENSITY, FOCUS, and READOUT INTENSITY controls for suitable viewing.
a. Performance Check
(1) Press VERTICAL MODE pushbuttons CH 2, CH 3 and CH 4 to off.