(2) Press upper TRIGGER MODE pushbutton for CAL 01 (bottom left of display).
Upon entering CAL 01, the input coupling is automatically set
to 50 DC and 50 overload protection is disabled. Before
starting procedure, make sure any 50 overload condition has
In this procedure, pressing up and releasing TRIGGER
COUPLING pushbutton stores current calibration parameter
being set and increments routine to next step (except where
Throughout this paragraph the INTENSITY and POSITION
controls may be adjusted as necessary for proper viewing of
(3) Connect multimeter HI to TI CALIBRATOR output (front panel) and LO to
(5) Press and release upper TRIGGER COUPLING pushbutton. The display
readout will indicate: ADJ (step) 0, CH1 PROBE TO FRONT SIDE OF R489.
(6) Connect X10 probe from CH 1 to front side of R489 (TP800) (located at rear of Al
main board near readout connector).
(7) Adjust REF OR DLY POS control to center signal on displayed cursor and
adjust control to join traces.
(8) Press and release upper TRIGGER COUPLING pushbutton. Check display
readout indicates: ADJ (step) 1, 100 s (for A sweep), 1 s (for B sweep), and multimeter
indicates 0 ±1 mV dc.
(9) Disconnect Xl0 probe and connect oscilloscope calibrator SOURCE/MEASURE
CHAN 1 to TI CH 1.
(10) Set oscilloscope calibrator MARKER output to 0.1 mS/D output.
(11) Set CH 1 VOLTS/DIV switch and adjust TRACE SEP and CH 1 vertical
POSITION controls to view main sweep, with time markers on top half of crt and delayed
B sweep on bottom half of crt.
(12) Adjust horizontal POSITION control to start main sweep at left vertical
graticule line and adjust REF OR DLY POS and controls to align both intensified dots
on 6th time marker on main sweep and superimpose delayed B sweep time markers.
(13) Press and release upper TRIGGER COUPLING pushbutton. Multimeter will
indicate between 398 and 402 mV dc, and display readout will indicate: ADJ (step) 2, 100
s, 1 s.