(6) Align trace on top crt graticule line, using CH2 POSITION control. If trace does
not align or indicates bowing, adjust rear panel PATTERN ADJ for proper alignment.
(7) Align trace on bottom crt graticule line and repeat (6) above.
(8) Connect TI CAL 300 MV output to CH2 input
(9) Set horizontal mode switch to EXT HOR and MAIN TRIG SOURCE switch to
(10) Adjust trace to right edge of crt graticule, using HORIZ POSITION control. If
trace is not aligned and indicates bowing, readjust rear panel PATTERN ADJ for optimum
(11) Repeat (6) through (10) above for best compromise between horizontal and
b. Adjustments. No further adjustments can be made.
9. Dc Balance
a. Performance Check
(1) Set TI controls as listed in (a) through (c) below:
(a) Horizontal mode switch to NORM.
(b) MAIN TRIG SOURCE switch to INT.
(c) HORIZ POSITION VERNIER control pressed.
(2) Align trace on crt horizontal graticule centerline, using HORIZ and CH2
(3) Rotate CH2 VOLTS/DIV VERNIER control from CAL to fully counterclockwise
while observing crt trace. If trace shifts from horizontal centerline, adjust front panel BAL
control for no trace shift.
(4) Return VARIABLE control to CAL position.
(5) Set TI VERTICAL MODE to CH1.
(6) Repeat steps (3) and (4) above for CH1.
(7) Set TI VERTICAL MODE switch to CH2 and connect digital voltmeter (A3) to
junction of A2A3R9 and A2A3R20 (fig. 2) and chassis ground. If digital voltmeter does not
indicate zero voltage 50 mV, perform b(1) below.